To work with the Restaurant and Lobby Bar team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the Lobby Bar and Restaurant to create a fully multi skilled and productive Food and Beverage team.
· Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
· Work across all areas of Restaurant and Lobby Bar, to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· To be fully conversant with all Restauarant and the Lobby Bar policies and procedures.
· When fully compentent, to work with the Manager and Lead Servers to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
· To take active part in the Synergy program to develop a team of multiskilled F&B Servers across all F&B outlets
· Ensure full liaison with other members of the Front Office team
· Strong communication with the Kitchen, Events and Front Office
· Key relationships with Kitchen, Front Office, Housekeeping, Events and other F&B areas.
· Attend Restautant/Bar Communication Meetings
· Attend Quarterly Staff Meeting
· Attend ESI Meetings
· Key relationships with all Hotel to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, Spanish, Catalan.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
· Walking and standing are required during the working day.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
High school or equivalent education required.
Must have at least 6 months of prior experience as a waiter.